The class covers social and technological aspects of various information technologies that enable innovation. The lectures will follow the general theme of web science and explore social, organizational theory and technical concepts around the World Wide Web. Students will follow a design science research method and build artifacts that solve organizational problems around a given theme.
Social and organizational theory will amongst others contain:
• Systems theory, communication theory and organization theory,
• basics of open innovation, open research, interactive value creation and open evaluation.
The technological aspect of the class will deal with:
• Theory, Infrastructure and underlying technologies of the world wide web
• Web scripting and markup languages and associated design theory.
• Internet of Things and associated technologies
Please register on Studon, password will be announced in class. Kickoff: 19.10.2017 08:00
V/UE; 4 SWS; ECTS: 5;
(Lectures and exercises)